Money to get started

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Money to get started

Julius
> But I guess we'd be happy to pay upfront to get going (I'd be, or we can
> share).

We should communicate to every foodcoop that it costs "us" (the
organization) some money per year to keep the service running. I see the
pitfall that we might migrate to the new infrastructure (payed upfront)
and then later there are conflicts when people realize that we do not
spend our private money for this.

Keeping that point in mind, I can also contribute some money to get
started. Should we start a list?

* Willem
* Julius
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Money to get started

Robert
Am Tue, 24 Oct 2017 14:03:25 -0700 (MST)
schrieb "Julius [via foodsoft]" <[hidden email]>:

> > But I guess we'd be happy to pay upfront to get going (I'd be, or
> > we can share).  
>
> We should communicate to every foodcoop that it costs "us" (the
> organization) some money per year to keep the service running. I see
> the pitfall that we might migrate to the new infrastructure (payed
> upfront) and then later there are conflicts when people realize that
> we do not spend our private money for this.
>
> Keeping that point in mind, I can also contribute some money to get
> started. Should we start a list?

FC Beisswat already agreed to pay 20 € per year/ donation call. So we
have:

 
> * Willem
> * Julius
> * FC Beisswat
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Money to get started

Julius
On 01.11.2017 10:01, Robert [via foodsoft] wrote:
> FC Beisswat already agreed to pay 20 € per year/ donation call.

Ah, good point. Maybe we should create another list for that to keep an
overview over the expected regular donations.

Expected yearly donations
 * 20 Euro FC Beisswat

Money to get started
 * see above (after creating a first call for donations)?
 * Willem
 * Julius

If no one else complains or adds herself to the second list, I suggest
that I silently contribute the initial money (approx. 60 Euro) and
organize the netcup 4-GB root server [1] (rented by Sense.Lab) for the
first year. Then you @Willem can give me some part of it if you like.
This allows us to proceed in parallel:

 - setup server
 - call for donations

As soon as there are enough donations we could silently refund the 60
Euro to me and possibly you @Willem. Does that sound alright or did you
think of a real "get started" _donation_?

[1] https://www.netcup.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=1754

Best Regards,
Julius
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Money to get started

wvengen
Administrator
On 01-11-17 10:30, Julius [via foodsoft] wrote:
On 01.11.2017 10:01, Robert [via foodsoft] wrote:
> FC Beisswat already agreed to pay 20 € per year/ donation call.

Ah, good point. Maybe we should create another list for that to keep an
overview over the expected regular donations.
Sounds like a good idea, something like a foodcoops-internal / foodsoft-global-int list? Shall I make a closed nabble list (so we have an accessible archive)?

Expected yearly donations
 * 20 Euro FC Beisswat

Money to get started
 * see above (after creating a first call for donations)?
 * Willem
 * Julius

If no one else complains or adds herself to the second list, I suggest
that I silently contribute the initial money (approx. 60 Euro) and
organize the netcup 4-GB root server [1] (rented by Sense.Lab) for the
first year. Then you @Willem can give me some part of it if you like.
This allows us to proceed in parallel:

 - setup server
 - call for donations
That sounds great, yes! I don't think we need to wait much longer to get the server up and running (except perhaps having clarity on how to manage access and root access, #8).

As soon as there are enough donations we could silently refund the 60
Euro to me and possibly you @Willem. Does that sound alright or did you
think of a real "get started" _donation_?
Sounds good, I think it's fair to share costs together, refund when the donations have come in.

Best regards,
- Willem
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Money to get started

Julius
> Sounds like a good idea, something like a foodcoops-internal /
> foodsoft-global-int list? Shall I make a closed nabble list (so we have
> an accessible archive)?

Yes, as an intermediate solution we could use a foodcoops-internal
archive on nabble. In the long term we should find a confidable mailing
list with archive (related to [1]).

> [1] http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/Lists-for-announcements-and-support-tp1468.html

> That sounds great, yes! I don't think we need to wait much longer to get
> the server up and running (except perhaps having clarity on how to
> manage access and root access, #8
> <https://github.com/foodcoops/foodcoops.net/issues/8>).

OK, I will care for both before Friday:
 * contact Sense.Lab for the contract with netcup
 * push the discussion on #8