Quantcast

development update stream @foodsoft_dev

wvengen
Administrator
Hi everyone,

When fsmanuel started to work on the translation of categories #160 [1],
I wanted to share this to people interested. The mailing-list is nice
for developers, but I'd also like less-technical people to be able to
glance into what's happening. That's why I've opened the twitter account
@foodsoft_dev [2].
If you have any objections or praise, please let me know. I'm happy to
share the login with the core-team, so that interesting
development-related facts can be shared. And/or I'll happily retweet.
Let me know if you'd want @foodsoft_dev to follow you.
Before adding tweets, I thought I'd give you a chance to respond.

Cheers,
- Willem

[1] https://github.com/foodcoops/foodsoft/issues/160
[2] https://twitter.com/foodsoft_dev

Re: development update stream @foodsoft_dev

benni
Yeah, the foodsoft is twittering !

But in my opinion, we can skip the "_dev" appendix and open an twitter
account for the foodsoft itself. Our target group are non developers, am
I right?

http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
pgp Schlüssel-ID: 0x3B2EE0A4
Fingerabdruck: 805F 73B1 9F45 4122 2FE6 ED75 0786 8427 3B2E E0A4

Re: development update stream @foodsoft_dev

mathijs
Yeah, the _dev makes no sense at all.

benni [via foodsoft] schreef:

> [...]
>

> --
> pgp Schlüssel-ID: 0x3B2EE0A4
> Fingerabdruck: 805F 73B1 9F45 4122 2FE6 ED75 0786 8427 3B2E E0A4
>

> *signature.asc* (271 bytes) Download Attachment
> <http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/attachment/193/0/signature.asc>

> <
> NAML
> <
http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

True; foodsoft was taken though :( so is foodcoop, foodcoops.
Any other suggestions?

I inteded the target group to be interested users and (prospective)
developers. And also to give visibility inside foodcoops to the
development work that's happening; most members have no idea about all
the work that is happening behind the scenes.

On 19-09-13 11:13, benni [via foodsoft] wrote:
> Yeah, the foodsoft is twittering !
>
> But in my opinion, we can skip the "_dev" appendix and open an twitter
> account for the foodsoft itself. Our target group are non developers, am
> I right?

Re: development update stream @foodsoft_dev

benni
Naming is the hardest ...

what about foodsoftapp, foodsoft.app or something like this? But I have
no strong opinion about it. Take what you like.

Another topic though, but we should be aware that there are other
foodsoft brands around. Like http://foodsoft.pl/firma-t12/o-firmie-t13.
I hope, that there are no existing brand rights for 'foodsoft'.

Am 19.09.2013 12:22, schrieb wvengen [via foodsoft]:

> True; foodsoft was taken though :( so is foodcoop, foodcoops.
> Any other suggestions?
>
> I inteded the target group to be interested users and (prospective)
> developers. And also to give visibility inside foodcoops to the
> development work that's happening; most members have no idea about all
> the work that is happening behind the scenes.
>
> On 19-09-13 11:13, benni [via foodsoft] wrote:
>> Yeah, the foodsoft is twittering !
>>
>> But in my opinion, we can skip the "_dev" appendix and open an twitter
>> account for the foodsoft itself. Our target group are non developers, am
>> I right?

> <
> NAML
> <
http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

--
pgp Schlüssel-ID: 0x3B2EE0A4
Fingerabdruck: 805F 73B1 9F45 4122 2FE6 ED75 0786 8427 3B2E E0A4

Re: development update stream @foodsoft_dev

mathijs
Perhaps we have one with recent pushes which is called _dev and another for general updates?

benni [via foodsoft] schreef:

> [...]
>

> --
> pgp Schlüssel-ID: 0x3B2EE0A4
> Fingerabdruck: 805F 73B1 9F45 4122 2FE6 ED75 0786 8427 3B2E E0A4
>

> *signature.asc* (271 bytes) Download Attachment
> <http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/attachment/196/0/signature.asc>

> <
> NAML
> <
http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Ok, there are two twitter accounts now:
  • @foodsoftdev (titled foodsoft.dev) aimed at developers and technically interested users
  • @foodsoftapp (titled foodsoft.app) aimed at end-users and the general public

I will happily put tweets on @foodsoftdev now and then, is there a volunteer for @foodsoftapp?
And if you'd like to contribute, send me your mails, and I'd be happy to share access to the account too, if you'd like to tweet a bit more.
This is just to give outsiders a bit more knowledge of what's happening in our little world.

Best,
- Willem

On 19-09-13 12:53, benni [via foodsoft] wrote:
Naming is the hardest ...

what about foodsoftapp, foodsoft.app or something like this? But I have
no strong opinion about it. Take what you like.

Another topic though, but we should be aware that there are other
foodsoft brands around. Like http://foodsoft.pl/firma-t12/o-firmie-t13.
I hope, that there are no existing brand rights for 'foodsoft'.

Re: development update stream @foodsoft_dev

wvengen
Administrator
Regarding brands right, well, uhm, what about registering it in DE and
NL, and committing to allow its use for this project? Do we need contracts?

- Willem

On 19-09-13 12:53, benni [via foodsoft] wrote:
> Another topic though, but we should be aware that there are other
> foodsoft brands around. Like http://foodsoft.pl/firma-t12/o-firmie-t13.
> I hope, that there are no existing brand rights for 'foodsoft'.

Re: development update stream @foodsoft_dev

wvengen
Administrator
And by the way, there is also a php project called "foodsoft" with
(almost?) the same goal
  https://sselene.qipc.org/wiki-nahrungskette/doku.php
  https://github.com/foodsoft/foodsoft
It might be nice if, at some point, we could both have a distinct name
or so? Just dreaming ;)

They have older commits (Apr 2007, went to foodsoft@github in 2010; vs
Jan 2009 for foodcoops@github) :/