docker-compose on server

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

docker-compose on server

wvengen
Administrator

Hi,

I'm looking at /usr/local/bin/docker-compose and see that it doesn't belong to a package. Can we please use (distribution-)packaged versions of the software, so we know what we're running and we're getting security updates?

$ dpkg -S `which docker-compose`
dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/local/bin/docker-compose

I don't think we'd need the very latest version, if that would be a concern.

Kind regards,
- Willem


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: docker-compose on server

paroga
Administrator
Hi,

thanks for the input. I’ve changed it to the docker-compose from the distribution.

I updated the foodcoops.net repository to include the correct documentation and added the first foodcoop (elsabinar).

Please let me know, if there are any open questions on the deployment process.

--
Patrick Gansterer

> On 10 Nov 2017, at 22:10, wvengen [via foodsoft] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at /usr/local/bin/docker-compose and see that it doesn't belong to a package. Can we please use (distribution-)packaged versions of the software, so we know what we're running and we're getting security updates?
> $ dpkg -S `which docker-compose`
> dpkg-query: no path found matching pattern /usr/local/bin/docker-compose
>
> I don't think we'd need the very latest version, if that would be a concern.
>
> Kind regards,
> - Willem
>
>
>
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/docker-compose-on-server-tp1542.html
> To start a new topic under foodsoft-global-ops, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from foodsoft-global-ops, click here.
> NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: docker-compose on server

wvengen
Administrator
Hi Patrick,

Thanks, great!
And we have a first foodcoop \o/
@André did you have a group you wanted to add? Maybe good to test the
docs on that?

Cheers,
- Willem

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: docker-compose on server

before
Administrator
I've send an email to the group that asked me two months ago to join. If they respond back, I'll leave a note here with the name of the group to add.

Thank you for asking.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: docker-compose on server

before
Administrator
Hi Willem,

I've feedback and the new food co-op Jolling want to join us. Can we create an instance for them? They could help us testing the new setup.

What do you think?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: docker-compose on server

paroga
Administrator
Hi,

I’ve created already an instance for them. Please proceed with step 5 at [1].

[1] https://github.com/foodcoops/foodcoops.net#adding-a-new-foodcoop

--
Patrick Gansterer

> On 26 Nov 2017, at 17:00, before [via foodsoft] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Willem,
>
> I've feedback and the new food co-op Jolling want to join us. Can we create an instance for them? They could help us testing the new setup.
>
> What do you think?
>
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/docker-compose-on-server-tp1542p1562.html
> To start a new topic under foodsoft-global-ops, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from foodsoft-global-ops, click here.
> NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: docker-compose on server

before
Administrator
Hi Patrick,

thank you for creating it so quickly. Maybe I missed it, but what is the current domain of our platform?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: docker-compose on server

paroga
Administrator
https://app.foodcoops.net.foodcoops.info/jolling/

--
Patrick Gansterer

> On 26 Nov 2017, at 21:51, before [via foodsoft] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Patrick,
>
> thank you for creating it so quickly. Maybe I missed it, but what is the current domain of our platform?
>
> If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
> http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/docker-compose-on-server-tp1542p1564.html
> To start a new topic under foodsoft-global-ops, email [hidden email]
> To unsubscribe from foodsoft-global-ops, click here.
> NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: docker-compose on server

before
Administrator
Great, many thanks.