french users ? & questions

thomasf
hello !

Thanks for your incredible work ! It's exactly what we dreamed to found  !!!!

We have a shared server but no Ruby on rails compatible. Is there possible you hosted this app for us ? (with donation of course)

After long test, we wanted to know why there is no individual account ? It's very important, no ? Maybe we must use one order-group by person ... but it's not cool ... we are few order-group... but, maybe we don't understand the goal of this function...

In our community, we want to assign a command to an user (who he is responsable of this command), how would you do that ?

Many thanks for your work ! Do you know other software to help community, like yours ?

Bye !
thomas

Re: french users ? & questions

wvengen
Administrator
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your mail, nice to hear you may find foodsoft useful!

Yes, there are two parties offering foodsoft hosting, please see https://github.com/foodcoops/foodsoft/wiki/For-foodcoops .
The German hosting offers the stock foodsoft software (see their demo), while the Dutch hosting is able to offer some other options (like online payments; this is the foodcoop-adam fork). Maybe it'd be useful to have a chat (Skype?) about what you're up to and what you'd need. Feel free to mail me at [hidden email] .

About the question of the individual account - I'm not really grasping what you're asking. Let me try to explain.
Each person involved with the foodcoop has its own account. Each account is associated to an ordergroup, and member orders are placed with the ordergroup. Consider a family, where both parents and the oldest child each have their own account, and they are part of one ordergroup. When the father orders some articles, the child can later change it.

Messages and tasks involve members, so that the father can be part of the transportation workgroup, while the mother can help in the cafe workgroup.

For groups not using the tasks module, we have just as many ordergroups as members - one for each. (In the foodcoop-adam fork, we create ordergroups automatically for new members.)

Regarding giving access to certain areas of foodsoft (like managing suppliers and articles, or orders, or finances, or members), that's done by means of workgroups. Each workgroup has access to one or more foodsoft areas, and a member can be part of zero or more workgroups. Is that what you mean with 'assiging a command'?

Hope this helps, and please feel free to ask. Documentation is currently not a strong point of foodsoft.

Cheers,
- Willem

On 29-04-14 11:56, thomasf [via foodsoft] wrote:
hello !

Thanks for your incredible work ! It's exactly what we dreamed to found  !!!!

We have a shared server but no Ruby on rails compatible. Is there possible you hosted this app for us ? (with donation of course)

After long test, we wanted to know why there is no individual account ? It's very important, no ? Maybe we must use one order-group by person ... but it's not cool ... we are few order-group... but, maybe we don't understand the goal of this function...

In our community, we want to assign a command to an user (who he is responsable of this command), how would you do that ?

Many thanks for your work ! Do you know other software to help community, like yours ?

Bye !
thomas

http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/french-users-questions-tp597.html
To start a new topic under foodsoft-discuss, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from foodsoft-discuss, click here.
NAML

Re: french users ? & questions

thomasf
The sype will be not really useful ... my english is to bad. In text mode, it's better if it's ok for you ?

I guess we prefer with on-line payment... but how much cost the transaction ? I understood what you explained to me with family example... but we need personnal account i think.

I send few suggestion by your website... for example, i think it will be very useful to display a link to visit supplier homepage when we are on the order page, near Creaty by, Ends at, available credit, etc ...

I think i need a foodcoop.nl account .. must i contact them directly to get an account ?

Thanks, have a nice day !

Thomas

ps: Maybe we try to developp a bridge with joomla to created product and supplier article, we need a sexy site frond-end for propaganda ;-)

On 30/04/2014 09:31, wvengen [via foodsoft] wrote:
[...]

http://foodsoft.51229.x6.nabble.com/french-users-questions-tp597p601.html
To unsubscribe from french users ? & questions, click here.
NAML